Musical Literacy System as a Whole
Secrets I learned from toddlers.
Soft Mozart And Your Child's Self-Esteem
1. The Beginning
2. Between The Devil and the Deep Sea
3. The Hardworking Janitor
4. Is Additional Funding Really Necessary?
5. To Teach or To Supply?
6. Music Lessons and Lessons About Music
7. How We Aren’t Teaching the Language of Music: Composition and Improvisation8. The Theory of Music
11. Learning Songs
12. Music Appreciation
13. The Pros and Cons of Group Playing
14. Piano is the Foundation for Music Education
15. If only Mozart could have seen an electronic keyboard…
16. Piano Lessons in Public Schools? Of course!
17. THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS OF MUSIC PEDAGOGY. Did Music Encourage Technological Progress?
18. MUSICAL EDUCATION AND “THE TONE-DEAF”: Either Ideally, or Not at All!
19. How Music Education Brought Itself to a Dead End
20. What Sort of Epiphany Could Save Music?
21. The Age of Technological Music?
22. TRADITION V.S. PROGRESS. Cramming: When One Has Nothing Else to Depend On
23. The Ignored Stages of Learning
24. Where Do “The Musically Handicapped” Come From?
25. The Linguistics of Music
26. Is Every Good Boy really Fine…?
27. Each Simplification Has Its Place
28. What Can the Music Alphabet Do?
29. What Is The Music Alphabet?
30. A Coach, a Map, and a Compass
31. THE VOICE IS THE CRADLE OF THE LANGUAGE OF MUSIC. In The Beginning, There Was The Word…
32. Where Do Tone-Deaf People Come From?
33. Why Chinese and Vietnamese Children Learn Music So Easily
34. MUSIC VISION: Do We Need “Etudes” for Our Eyes?
35. Which Types of Pictures Teach Music, and Which Types Do Not
36. What Should Be Coded by Color?
37. “War and Peace” on the Grand Staff
38. The Gibberish of Notes
39. The Music Staff Helps to Understand the Music Staff!
40. The Magic Number Seven
41. The Music Alphabet on The Grand Staff
42. Hay or Straw?
43. The Tree of the Music System
44. COORDINATION, AND NO SLIGHTS OF HANDS: How Do Hands Get “Cramped Up?”
45. The Joke of Holding Your Fingers ‘Delicately’
46. “New Shoes” and Weighted Keys
47. The First Steps of the Piano “Walk”
48. Every Toddler Can Play Hannon!
49. Stretches, or Hannon 1
50. The Chromatic Scale, or “White Cat, Black Cat, and Mouse”
51. Triads, or “The Three Sisters and Three Brothers”
52. Do Major Through Continuous Movement
53. The Entire Journey Starts With The First Step!
54. How To Win Over The Trust of The Perception
55. Much Ado About Nothing: The Search for The Do of The First Octave
56. THE VOICE, VISION, AND COORDINATION:WAR OR PEACE? Piano Rodeo
57. Should We Read Books Behind the Wheel?
58. Skills: A Few Minutes from the Days of Their Lives
59. The Orphan Does Not Rejoice After a Heavy Breakfast
60. Vision, Voice, Hearing, and Coordination: What’s More Important?
61. A Little Revolution Now and Then is a Healthy Thing
62. The Magic Proportion: One to Three
63. Visual “Steps” of the Grand Staff
64. Short Sums, or An Outline of Other Skills
65. THE COMPUTER QUESTION: TO TEACH OR NOT TO TEACH? Is Martyrdom Necessary in Music Lessons?
66. The Rise and Fall of Computerized Education
67. Where “Nasty” Teachers Come From
68. Mario 64: The Game that Taught Me the Value of Patience
69. What Makes an “Ugly Duckling” Different from a “Black Sheep?”
70. The Computer Keyboard can be a Predecessor of the Piano
71. To Complicate is Easy, to Simplify is Hard
72. The Most Ancient and Natural Way of Teaching… On a Computer!
73. What is the Teacher For?
74. It is important to listen. To what?
75. Music Literacy For All
76. Dream About a Musical Planet
77. Music Is the Key to the Development of All Mankind